Physicians & Surgeons
Physicians & Surgeons Medical Professional Liability Insurance Coverage
We don’t offer one-size-fits-all coverage – we help you choose the products and services that are best for your practice or facility. Contact a LAMMICO Marketing Representative today to receive information regarding coverage in your area.
Why Physicians & Surgeons Choose LAMMICO Medical Professional Liability Coverage:
- Aggressive Legal Defense - LAMMICO closes about 90% of cases without indemnity payment because we have the best available, most experienced local counsel
- Consent to Settle - It's your reputation at stake, so our physician insureds make the final decision to move forward with litigation or settle according to your unique preferences
- Free Cyber Liability Coverage - No deductible and includes a $10,000 limit to cover defense, fines, and audit costs resulting from RAC audits, billing errors, and cyber liability
- Free Tail Coverage - We waive the reporting endorsement premium in the event of death, permanent disability, or retirement while a Claims-Made policy is in force. With respect to a retiring practitioner, certain age and number of years insured requirements apply.
- Risk Management Resources – We offer webinars and online courses so you can learn to avoid claims. You can also earn credits to reduce the basic limits portion of your LAMMICO insurance premium by 10% every year.
- Financial Stability - AM Best has rated LAMMICO as "A" (Excellent), an indicator of our financial strength
- Personalized Claim Handling – Superior, service-oriented representatives ensure personal contact and attendance at trial, no matter where you are located
- Enduring Partnerships - Our commitment to healthcare providers since 1981 and advocacy in the courts and Legislature leads to a high policyholder retention rate that exceeds the industry average
Medical professional liability insurance coverage is for errors or omissions causing injury during the performance of a medical professional's duties.