Why Choose LAMMICO?
Coverage designed expressly for you
Your qualifications are unique, so your coverage should be, too. Because we’re a regional carrier, we know how to tailor our products directly to our policyholders’ needs. We don’t offer one-size-fits-all coverage – we help you choose the products and services that are best for your practice, hospital or facility. Our strategies are designed with you in mind. And every policyholder receives our exceptional claim-management customer service and risk management.
Our products have helped generations of healthcare providers practice with confidence.
- Aggressive Legal Defense - LAMMICO closes about 90% of cases without indemnity payment because we have the best available, most experienced local counsel
- Risk Management Resources – We offer webinars, live lectures and online courses (CME &CNE), personalized assessments, office staff and hospital education, toolkits, and telehealth resources with the ability for insureds to earn credits annually to reduce the basic limits portion of their LAMMICO insurance premium by 10%
- Enduring Partnerships - Our commitment to healthcare providers since 1981 and stable insurance rates lead to a high policyholder retention rate that exceeds the industry average
- Financial Stability - AM Best has rated LAMMICO as "A" (Excellent), an indicator of our financial strength
- Personalized Claim Handling - Superior, service-oriented representatives ensure personal contact and attendance at trial, no matter where you are located
Read what other organizations have to say about LAMMICO.
Since 1981, LAMMICO has become the largest insurer of Louisiana physicians and is licensed to underwrite medical professional liability insurance in multiple states. We are proud to also offer competitively priced medical professional liability insurance for physicians, dentists, nurse practitioners, CRNAs, physician assistants, and other healthcare providers. For healthcare facilities, LAMMICO offers both professional, general liability, and excess coverage. Policyholders have access to Claims-Made and/or Occurrence coverage depending on the state of practice. Other types of insurance coverage - like commercial general liability, medical director, and business owners policy - are available through Elatas Risk Partners.
Get started on finding coverage tailored to your specific needs. To contact the LAMMICO Marketing Department, call 800.452.2120.
LAMMICO is a network of insurance and legal professionals experienced in medical liability claims. Our network boasts a high policyholder retention rate that exceeds the industry average. Our relationship with our insureds spans generations. Our insureds mean more to us than a policy; the LAMMICO policyholder is a partner. Long-time policyholders often help their children and other immediate family members discover the LAMMICO difference.
With over 40 years of experience, LAMMICO is an "A" rated stable, reliable medical professional liability carrier. AM Best, the premier national rating service for insurance companies, has consistently ranked our company “Excellent” since 1993 due to our financial stability and security. As a mutual company, LAMMICO is dedicated to providing you with the lowest actuarially sound rates possible. Our dedication and conservative track record ensures that LAMMICO will be here for you for many years to come. Learn more in our Year-In-Review.
We're not a public company. Unlike publicly traded insurance carriers that manage their operations for the short-term benefit of shareholders, LAMMICO exists solely for the benefit of our owners - planning and operating with long-term policyholder needs in mind.
It's your reputation at stake. Commercial carriers know it can be cheaper and less time-consuming to settle claims without merit, but LAMMICO policies provide physician insureds with the right to decide whether a claim against them should be settled, subject to the terms and conditions of the policy.
We offer several discounts to help make premiums more affordable for qualifying providers:
- Risk Management Credit: 10% credit to the basic limits portion of your LAMMICO premium for successfully completing two Risk Management programs, which are offered online and as webinars throughout the year.
- New-to-Practice: If you are a newly graduated or soon-to-be graduated physician, you may be eligible for a 50% credit to your LAMMICO premium for your first 12 months of practice.
- Part-Time: If you are practicing part-time, you may receive a percentage off both your LAMMICO premium and Louisiana Patient's Compensation Fund surcharge
- Deductibles: Insured healthcare providers, hospitals and facilities may receive a credit for retaining a portion of their risk
- Good Experience Credit: 10% credit to LAMMICO premium for physician policyholders who have been with LAMMICO at least five years and have excellent loss experience
At LAMMICO, you are our partner – and one of our "owners". Our policyholders founded and nurtured and continue to lead us. When LAMMICO is fortunate to experience better-than-anticipated results, we offer insureds a share in our cost savings with dividends when it is fiscally prudent to do so.
In the face of cyber terrorism, medical record hacks and expensive proceedings that result from RAC audits, LAMMICO provides $10,000 limits of MEDEFENSE™ Plus/ Cyber Liability Insurance Coverage as part of all LAMMICO Claims-Made and Occurrence physician policies. LAMMICO-insured healthcare facilities receive an inclusive limit of $50,000 of this kind of coverage, and hospitals receive $100,000 limits in MEDEFENSE™ Plus/Cyber Liability Insurance Coverage.
The LAMMICO policy waives the premium of the reporting endorsement if the policyholder dies, becomes permanently disabled, or permanently retires from the practice of medicine while the Claims-Made policy is in force. With respect to the retiring practitioner, certain age and number of years insured requirements apply.
LAMMICO's subsidiary agency, Elatas Risk Partners offers our customers an option to participate in outstanding - and cost-saving - credit card processing program through Professional Solutions Financial Services (PSFS). Maybe you thought credit card processing was too complicated or thought that processing fees were too high to consider accepting this form of payment. Whether you already accept credit cards or are thinking of doing so in the future, consider the effect on patient satisfaction scores when you let patients pay the way they want!
Elatas Risk Partners selected PSFS after a thorough evaluation of processing companies based on costs, service, familiarity with HIPAA and PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards) compliance standards and overall understanding of how physicians and facilities accept payments for services.
To learn if you and/or your facility qualify for these discounts, please contact your agent or the LAMMICO Business Development and Sales Department at 504.831.3756 or 800.452.2120.