Resources for Hurricane Response and Recovery
- New! Louisiana Department of lnsurance Emergency Rule 45 - Suspension of Certain Statutes Regarding Cancellations, Terminations, Non-Renewals, and Nonreinstatements, Premium Payments, Claim Filings and Related Provisions Regarding Any and All Insurance Matters Affecting Insureds in Louisiana Caused by the State of Emergency Declared by Governor John Bel Edwards on August 21, 2020, Due to Hurricane Laura (effective from 8/27/2020 to 9/20/2020) (posted 9/9/2020 at 10:08 a.m.)
- CDC: Hurricane Laura—Clinical Guidance for Carbon Monoxide (CO) Poisoning (posted 8/28/2020 at 8:03 a.m.)
- Risk Management Reference Manual: Hurricane Preparedness for Medical Practices (posted 8/27/2020 at 12:56 p.m.)
This manual offers tips on hurricane preparation, response and recovery unique to medical practices. For information specific to hurricane response and recovery, refer to pages 31-35.
To view more resources, click on the plus signs next to each category of content below.
- HHS: Hurricane Laura & HIPAA Bulletin: Limited Waiver of HIPAA Sanctions and Penalties During a Declared Emergency (posted 9/2/2020 at 12:28 p.m.)
- PHE: Preparing for and Responding to Hurricane Laura during the COVID-19 Pandemic (posted 9/2/2020 at 10:49 a.m.)
- CDC: Natural Disasters, Severe Weather, and COVID-19 (posted 9/2/2020 at 10:49 a.m.)
- ASPR TRACIE: Hurricane (posted 9/2/2020 at 10:49 a.m.)
- SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline (posted 9/2/2020 at 10:49 a.m.)
- HHS: Waiver or Modification of Requirements Under Section 1135 of the Social Security Act in Louisiana and Texas as the Result of Hurricane Laura (posted 8/31/2020 at 9:50 a.m.)
- Declaration of Public Health Emergency (PHE) (posted 8/31/2020 at 9:50 a.m.)
- OCR Bulletin on Hurricane Laura and HIPAA (posted 8/31/2020 at 9:50 a.m.)
- OCR HIPAA Emergency Preparedness, Planning, and Response page (posted 8/31/2020 at 9:50 a.m.)
- HIPAA Disclosures for Emergency Preparedness Decision Tool (posted 8/31/2020 at 9:50 a.m.)
- OCR Civil Rights Emergency Preparedness page (posted 8/31/2020 at 9:50 a.m.)
- State of Louisiana FEMA Aid (posted 9/1/2020 at 8:53 a.m.) - This website has information on categories of aid including housing assistance, disaster unemployment assistance, disaster care management, crisis counseling, other needs (e.g., medical, dental, childcare, and funeral expenses), and all categories of public assistance. Six parishes currently qualify, but more are expected to be added.
- Gov. Edwards letter to President Trump Requesting Major Disaster Declaration (posted 9/1/2020 at 8:53 a.m.)
- Louisiana.gov Emergency Page (posted 8/28/2020 at 10:34 a.m.)
- Louisiana Governor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness (posted 8/28/2020 at 10:35 a.m.)
- Louisiana Department of Children and Family Services (posted 8/28/2020 at 10:36 a.m.) - This website has information on disaster food stamp programs and family support.
- Get a Game Plan (posted 8/28/2020 at 10:38 a.m.) - This website has information on family, kids, business and mitigation planning for disasters and emergencies.