Posted to the Tokio Marine HCC CyberNET® site on February 15, 2022, 13:12:26; Erich Falke
CISA recommends “all organizations—regardless of size—adopt a heightened posture when it comes to cybersecurity and protecting their most critical assets” because “the Russian government has used cyber as a key component of their force projection over the last decade.” For example, Microsoft Threat Intelligence Center (MSTIC) has identified evidence of a destructive malware operation targeting many Ukrainian organizations. There are numerous other examples of cyber warfare against Ukraine.
Here's what you need to do.
- Ensure all remote access to your network and privileged/administrative accounts are protected with multi-factor authentication.
- Update/Patch all systems and software (especially Microsoft Exchange)! Prioritize patching of known exploited vulnerabilities.
- Test backup procedures to ensure rapid restoration if the organization is impacted by ransomware and ensure one backup copy is isolated from network connections.
- Take steps to quickly detect a potential intrusion. Enable logging to better investigate issues or events and confirm your entire network is protected by fully-updated anti-virus/anti-malware software.
- If working with Ukrainian organizations, monitor, inspect, and isolate traffic from those organizations; closely review access controls for that traffic.
- Be prepared to respond if an intrusion occurs – review your incident response plan and identify a crisis-response team with main points of contact for a suspected cybersecurity incident.
- Confirm all ports and protocols that are not essential for business purposes have been disabled.
If you need any assistance with these issues or have any questions about how to improve your cybersecurity posture, please feel free to contact a cybersecurity expert at ePlace Solutions, Inc., provider of the TMHCC CyberNET® site, at email@example.com or 877.574.6406.
Cyber Liability Coverage and Additional Resources
LAMMICO includes $10,000 of MEDEFENSE® Plus/Cyber Liability coverage in most provider policies at no additional charge to the insured. We also offer the option to purchase higher limits of protection through our subsidiary agency, Elatas Risk Partners, subject to underwriting which will include questions that hone in on two factor authentication and backup processes and procedures. Please contact Carly Thames, Elatas Account Executive, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 225.906.2062 for information on purchasing higher limits of Cyber Liability insurance.
In partnership with our cyber risk experts, Tokio Marine HCC – Cyber & Professional Lines Group, LAMMICO offers our insureds complimentary access to TMHCC CyberNET®, the most advanced cyber risk management solutions inclusive of incident response plans, compliance and training materials as well as information addressing latest trends in data breaches and cybercrime, including those concerns surrounding COVID-19.